Re: [BC346XT] Re: Fire tone out

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 2012
      When you are in scanning mode, the scanner 'hears' the tones, but they
      are not 'connected' to the FTO tone decoder. You have to be in FTO
      decode mode (Menu, then TONE OUT FOR...) for the decoder to be active.

      Is that what you are doing?

      BTW, if you're in FTO decode mode, you will not hear anything until the
      tones are received. So, if you're monitoring a channel, you are not in
      the correct mode.

      To summarize:

      Are you in FTO STANDBY mode? (Menu, Tone Out For..., Tone Out Standby)

      Have you selected the correct slot?

      Is that slot programmed with the correct frequency?

      Is that slot programmed for 0 Hz for both the A and B tone slots?

      Are you in TONE OUT SEARCH mode, and not TONE OUT HOLD mode which you
      toggle between using the HOLD button. In the SEARCH mode, you should not
      hear any audio until the tones are received.

      Is your decode time long enough for you to see the tones (I use the
      INFINITE setting so it stays open until I reset it).

      Joe M.