Re: [BC346XT] Fire tone out

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19, 2012
      If you're scanning, you cannot be in
      FTO SEARCH mode. It's one or the other.

      Joe M.

      Scott wrote:
      > Ok, if I can hear the tone out tones when I'm scanning through my fire channels, shouldn' t the tone search also pick them up & show them? Or do you have to be closer to pick them up at a certain strength?

    • Scott
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 20, 2012

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 20, 2012
          When you are in scanning mode, the scanner 'hears' the tones, but they
          are not 'connected' to the FTO tone decoder. You have to be in FTO
          decode mode (Menu, then TONE OUT FOR...) for the decoder to be active.

          Is that what you are doing?

          BTW, if you're in FTO decode mode, you will not hear anything until the
          tones are received. So, if you're monitoring a channel, you are not in
          the correct mode.

          To summarize:

          Are you in FTO STANDBY mode? (Menu, Tone Out For..., Tone Out Standby)

          Have you selected the correct slot?

          Is that slot programmed with the correct frequency?

          Is that slot programmed for 0 Hz for both the A and B tone slots?

          Are you in TONE OUT SEARCH mode, and not TONE OUT HOLD mode which you
          toggle between using the HOLD button. In the SEARCH mode, you should not
          hear any audio until the tones are received.

          Is your decode time long enough for you to see the tones (I use the
          INFINITE setting so it stays open until I reset it).

          Joe M.