Re: [BC346XT] 346 custom search problem

  • JAN FINE
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 12, 2009
      The i indicates an i-call. That's where 2 units talk direct to each other
      and no one else hears it or a phone patch.

      There is no problem with Custom Search mode. I had a slight defect in my
      radio that no one else has. Uniden replaced my radio.

      Set the Custom Search range from 866.000-868.9875.
      Step should be 12.5. C-CH Only=ON and Standard SETTING.
      Should work fine. It you get a control channel and everthing works fine but
      the radio doesn't tell you the name of the system make sure you are not in
      display Mode 2. In display Mode 2 it will not show the system name. It will
      show it in display Mode 1 or 3.

      Hope this helps.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 13, 2009
        This morning turning on the 346 it received the CC's in my custom search on 866-898 for three minutes then nothing, on my 470-471 search it receives nothing while my 396 is stopping all over the band...I noticed in the "service search" of any type it stops on nothing...Our ham repeater is within 1 mile of my location, the 396 locks on the active 146.82 immediatly, the 346 scans past it....I will be returning it to the dealer i purchased it for a exchange...Also, Jan, or anyone , do you have the TX for Uniden where i can speak with someone...Thank You....PS: Im very discouraged that after many Uniden purchases i get NO response from UPMAN.....
      • JAN FINE
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 13, 2009
          Relax it's the weekend. Even Upman deserves a break sometimes.
          I'm sure he will respond back to you this week. Your posts here are good enough. Upman always adresses serious problems.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 13, 2009
            Do you have the Control Channel Only option enabled? If so, it will only
            stop on trunked systems and not Conventional channels.

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 13, 2009
              Ron and I are conversing by private email, now. I had my parents' 50th wedding anniversary today...lots of stuff to do totally unrelated to scanners and work. One of the engineers in Tokyo also sent me a "tickler" about this thread...he wants more info in the issue, too.