Fire tone out

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19, 2012
      Ok, if I can hear the tone out tones when I'm scanning through my fire channels, shouldn' t the tone search also pick them up & show them? Or do you have to be closer to pick them up at a certain strength?
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2012
        If you're scanning, you cannot be in
        FTO SEARCH mode. It's one or the other.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 20, 2012

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 20, 2012
            When you are in scanning mode, the scanner 'hears' the tones, but they
            are not 'connected' to the FTO tone decoder. You have to be in FTO
            decode mode (Menu, then TONE OUT FOR...) for the decoder to be active.

            Is that what you are doing?

            BTW, if you're in FTO decode mode, you will not hear anything until the
            tones are received. So, if you're monitoring a channel, you are not in
            the correct mode.

            To summarize:

            Are you in FTO STANDBY mode? (Menu, Tone Out For..., Tone Out Standby)

            Have you selected the correct slot?

            Is that slot programmed with the correct frequency?

            Is that slot programmed for 0 Hz for both the A and B tone slots?

            Are you in TONE OUT SEARCH mode, and not TONE OUT HOLD mode which you
            toggle between using the HOLD button. In the SEARCH mode, you should not
            hear any audio until the tones are received.

            Is your decode time long enough for you to see the tones (I use the
            INFINITE setting so it stays open until I reset it).

            Joe M.