Re: [BC346XT] Adjust Volume for Weather Alert Tone?

  • David Landrum
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2012
      Hello,

      No. The WX Tone volume cannot be adjusted. There are good reasons why the WX Alert is loud. Yes, it has scared me a few times but that's the point. You want to be alerted to dangerous WX.

      73

      Dave L.

      Sent from an Apple iGadget.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2012
        I believe there are federal standards for the minimum volume an alert
        has to be (XXX dB), and the 346 (and all of Uniden's scanners with
        weather alert) must adhere to those standards. That's why you cannot
        lower the alert volume.

        Joe M.