Re: [BC346XT] Re: edacs

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 21, 2012
      It might be possible, but I'm not all that familiar with Unitrunker.
      (not because I have anything against it, but merely because I don't have
      the need for it)

      Joe M.

      Shriraj wrote:
      > thx joe for suggestion, is it possible to somehow (using unitracker or other tools) decode LCN information by listening to control channel?
      >
      > tia
      >
      > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, MCH <mch@...> wrote:
      >> Well, RR does list the LCNs for the frequencies they have.
      >> Those are the small numbers to the left of the frequencies.
      >>
      >> But, if there are additional frequencies in use, you will have to find
      >> the LCNs be trial and error. Try programming in a new system with one of
      >> the unknown frequencies. Then, program it as one of the LCNs. If you
      >> hear traffic there when scanning, you have the correct LCN. If you don't
      >> hear traffic there, you have the wrong LCN. You will have to have the
      >> active control channel programmed in, too.
      >>
      >> Joe M.
      >>
      >> Shriraj wrote:
      >>> Thanks brian for revert
      >>>
      >>> I've already gone thru radio reference but frequency's mentioned are incorrect this I've found out by brute scanning, actual frequencies are in 868.xxx range. also LCN order is also not mentioned i want to setup this up properly so i can update radio reference database properly.
      >>>
      >>> regrds

    • capt_clint
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 24, 2012
        While I am not positive, I believe the same methodology for LTR works for EDACS since they both require correct order assignment of LCN. There for, this may be of value: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Mapping_an_LTR_System

        > 2) how do i find out LCN, i know all frequency's by brute scanning can i use any software tools to find out proper LCN ?
      • Shriraj
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 26, 2012
          thx capt

          let me give it try also run uni-tracker once i get serial port configured on my machine will keep you all updated

          thx again for quick response

          TIA