Re: edacs

  • Shriraj
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 21, 2012
      thx joe for suggestion, is it possible to somehow (using unitracker or other tools) decode LCN information by listening to control channel?

      tia

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 21, 2012
        It might be possible, but I'm not all that familiar with Unitrunker.
        (not because I have anything against it, but merely because I don't have
        the need for it)

        Joe M.

        Shriraj wrote:
        > thx joe for suggestion, is it possible to somehow (using unitracker or other tools) decode LCN information by listening to control channel?
        >
        > tia
        >
        > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, MCH <mch@...> wrote:
        >> Well, RR does list the LCNs for the frequencies they have.
        >> Those are the small numbers to the left of the frequencies.
        >>
        >> But, if there are additional frequencies in use, you will have to find
        >> the LCNs be trial and error. Try programming in a new system with one of
        >> the unknown frequencies. Then, program it as one of the LCNs. If you
        >> hear traffic there when scanning, you have the correct LCN. If you don't
        >> hear traffic there, you have the wrong LCN. You will have to have the
        >> active control channel programmed in, too.
        >>
        >> Joe M.
        >>
        >> Shriraj wrote:
        >>> Thanks brian for revert
        >>>
        >>> I've already gone thru radio reference but frequency's mentioned are incorrect this I've found out by brute scanning, actual frequencies are in 868.xxx range. also LCN order is also not mentioned i want to setup this up properly so i can update radio reference database properly.
        >>>
        >>> regrds

      • capt_clint
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 24, 2012
          While I am not positive, I believe the same methodology for LTR works for EDACS since they both require correct order assignment of LCN. There for, this may be of value: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Mapping_an_LTR_System

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 26, 2012
            thx capt

            let me give it try also run uni-tracker once i get serial port configured on my machine will keep you all updated

            thx again for quick response

            TIA