Re: [BC346XT] Re: edacs

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20, 2012
      Well, RR does list the LCNs for the frequencies they have.
      Those are the small numbers to the left of the frequencies.

      But, if there are additional frequencies in use, you will have to find
      the LCNs be trial and error. Try programming in a new system with one of
      the unknown frequencies. Then, program it as one of the LCNs. If you
      hear traffic there when scanning, you have the correct LCN. If you don't
      hear traffic there, you have the wrong LCN. You will have to have the
      active control channel programmed in, too.

      Joe M.

      Shriraj wrote:
      > Thanks brian for revert
      >
      > I've already gone thru radio reference but frequency's mentioned are incorrect this I've found out by brute scanning, actual frequencies are in 868.xxx range. also LCN order is also not mentioned i want to setup this up properly so i can update radio reference database properly.
      >
      > regrds
      >

      > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <mtnbiker2005ipn@...> wrote:
      >> [Link to the system] (last updated in 2009)
      >>
      >> Mumbai (Bombay) Police Force
      >> System Type: EDACS Networked Standard
      >> <http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4830>

    • Shriraj
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 21, 2012
        thx joe for suggestion, is it possible to somehow (using unitracker or other tools) decode LCN information by listening to control channel?

        tia

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 21, 2012
          It might be possible, but I'm not all that familiar with Unitrunker.
          (not because I have anything against it, but merely because I don't have
          the need for it)

          Joe M.

          Shriraj wrote:
          > thx joe for suggestion, is it possible to somehow (using unitracker or other tools) decode LCN information by listening to control channel?
          >
          > tia
          >
          > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, MCH <mch@...> wrote:
          >> Well, RR does list the LCNs for the frequencies they have.
          >> Those are the small numbers to the left of the frequencies.
          >>
          >> But, if there are additional frequencies in use, you will have to find
          >> the LCNs be trial and error. Try programming in a new system with one of
          >> the unknown frequencies. Then, program it as one of the LCNs. If you
          >> hear traffic there when scanning, you have the correct LCN. If you don't
          >> hear traffic there, you have the wrong LCN. You will have to have the
          >> active control channel programmed in, too.
          >>
          >> Joe M.
          >>
          >> Shriraj wrote:
          >>> Thanks brian for revert
          >>>
          >>> I've already gone thru radio reference but frequency's mentioned are incorrect this I've found out by brute scanning, actual frequencies are in 868.xxx range. also LCN order is also not mentioned i want to setup this up properly so i can update radio reference database properly.
          >>>
          >>> regrds

        • capt_clint
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 24, 2012
            While I am not positive, I believe the same methodology for LTR works for EDACS since they both require correct order assignment of LCN. There for, this may be of value: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Mapping_an_LTR_System

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 26, 2012
              thx capt

              let me give it try also run uni-tracker once i get serial port configured on my machine will keep you all updated

              thx again for quick response

              TIA