RE: [BC346XT] edacs

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 19, 2012
      [Link to the system] (last updated in 2009)

      Mumbai (Bombay) Police Force
      System Type: EDACS Networked Standard
      <http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4830>

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19, 2012
        Thanks brian for revert

        I've already gone thru radio reference but frequency's mentioned are incorrect this I've found out by brute scanning, actual frequencies are in 868.xxx range. also LCN order is also not mentioned i want to setup this up properly so i can update radio reference database properly.

        regrds

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 20, 2012
          Well, RR does list the LCNs for the frequencies they have.
          Those are the small numbers to the left of the frequencies.

          But, if there are additional frequencies in use, you will have to find
          the LCNs be trial and error. Try programming in a new system with one of
          the unknown frequencies. Then, program it as one of the LCNs. If you
          hear traffic there when scanning, you have the correct LCN. If you don't
          hear traffic there, you have the wrong LCN. You will have to have the
          active control channel programmed in, too.

          Joe M.

          Shriraj wrote:
          > Thanks brian for revert
          >
          > I've already gone thru radio reference but frequency's mentioned are incorrect this I've found out by brute scanning, actual frequencies are in 868.xxx range. also LCN order is also not mentioned i want to setup this up properly so i can update radio reference database properly.
          >
          > regrds
          >

          > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <mtnbiker2005ipn@...> wrote:
          >> [Link to the system] (last updated in 2009)
          >>
          >> Mumbai (Bombay) Police Force
          >> System Type: EDACS Networked Standard
          >> <http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4830>

        • Shriraj
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 21, 2012
            thx joe for suggestion, is it possible to somehow (using unitracker or other tools) decode LCN information by listening to control channel?

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 21, 2012
              It might be possible, but I'm not all that familiar with Unitrunker.
              (not because I have anything against it, but merely because I don't have
              the need for it)

              Joe M.

              Shriraj wrote:
              > thx joe for suggestion, is it possible to somehow (using unitracker or other tools) decode LCN information by listening to control channel?
              >
              > tia
              >
              > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, MCH <mch@...> wrote:
              >> Well, RR does list the LCNs for the frequencies they have.
              >> Those are the small numbers to the left of the frequencies.
              >>
              >> But, if there are additional frequencies in use, you will have to find
              >> the LCNs be trial and error. Try programming in a new system with one of
              >> the unknown frequencies. Then, program it as one of the LCNs. If you
              >> hear traffic there when scanning, you have the correct LCN. If you don't
              >> hear traffic there, you have the wrong LCN. You will have to have the
              >> active control channel programmed in, too.
              >>
              >> Joe M.
              >>
              >> Shriraj wrote:
              >>> Thanks brian for revert
              >>>
              >>> I've already gone thru radio reference but frequency's mentioned are incorrect this I've found out by brute scanning, actual frequencies are in 868.xxx range. also LCN order is also not mentioned i want to setup this up properly so i can update radio reference database properly.
              >>>
              >>> regrds

            • capt_clint
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 24, 2012
                While I am not positive, I believe the same methodology for LTR works for EDACS since they both require correct order assignment of LCN. There for, this may be of value: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Mapping_an_LTR_System

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 26, 2012
                  thx capt

                  let me give it try also run uni-tracker once i get serial port configured on my machine will keep you all updated

                  thx again for quick response

                  TIA