Re: [BC346XT] Software

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11 10:30 PM
      Currently your only two choices are FreeScan and ProScan. ARC-XT will be
      released soon, but it's not released yet.

      Joe M.

      billgs13 wrote:
      > The UPS man just delivered my 346 now it's time to program this bad boy! What kind of software is everyone useing or recommend? I want to be able to go to Radio Reference amd load the systems straight into the 346.

    • Bill A
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 11 10:56 PM
        I have downloaded Free Scan and it is working great. I just checked the Butel websight looks like ARC-XT is available now and also Scanner Master has it now also.

        billgs13 wrote:
        > The UPS man just delivered my 346 now it's time to program this bad boy! What kind of software is everyone useing or recommend? I want to be able to go to Radio Reference amd load the systems straight into the 346.

      • JAN FINE
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 12 6:39 AM
          Most people are using FreeScan.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 12 6:53 AM
            Yes, I have been using ARC xt pro for a week now.
            It will only let you upload 5 systems at a time with the trial version.

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 30, 2010
              I have both FreeScan and Butel's ARCxt software.
              If all you want to do is read and write to the radio and save it along
              with download from Radio Reference I recommend FreeScan.
              ARCxt can do other things that FreeScan can't but is not as reliable
              uploading and downloading.
            • JOHNNY cHANCELLOR
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 30, 2010
                   Thanks Jan, I think freescan is how I am going to go. From all that I gather it will do what I want and is free. I like that. lol    JJ