Re: [BC346XT] EDACS

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
      Logical Channel Number.

      As far as what you need to know about it, all you really need to know is
      that it is a number that the scanner should ask you for after you enter
      the frequency.

      If you don't know it, it may be listed on Radioreference.com and would
      be shown as a small number next to the frequency.

      Joe M.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
        The logical channel number associated with the frequency. Usually, that is
        provided by the same source the frequencies came from.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
          In other words, talk groups, right? That's the term usually used in trunked systems.

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
            No. TalkGroups are something different, and are programmed after you
            have the system programming in place. If you programmed your scanner for
            an EDACS system, as soon as you enter the frequency it should prompt you
            for the LCN of that frequency. Again, RadioReference.com will show the
            LCN next to each frequency.

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
              I uploaded that data from RR into my scanner.