RE: [BC346XT] EDACS

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
      LCN is...?

      From: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BC346XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Uniden UPMan
      Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 3:38 PM
      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BC346XT] EDACS

      Every frequency must be entered and must be associated with its corresponding LCN.

      UpMan

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
        Logical Channel Number.

        As far as what you need to know about it, all you really need to know is
        that it is a number that the scanner should ask you for after you enter
        the frequency.

        If you don't know it, it may be listed on Radioreference.com and would
        be shown as a small number next to the frequency.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
          The logical channel number associated with the frequency. Usually, that is
          provided by the same source the frequencies came from.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
            In other words, talk groups, right? That's the term usually used in trunked systems.

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
              No. TalkGroups are something different, and are programmed after you
              have the system programming in place. If you programmed your scanner for
              an EDACS system, as soon as you enter the frequency it should prompt you
              for the LCN of that frequency. Again, RadioReference.com will show the
              LCN next to each frequency.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
                I uploaded that data from RR into my scanner.