Re: [BC346XT] EDACS

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
      The only thing really different about EDACS systems is that you have to
      include the correct LCN for each frequency. Aside from that, they are
      pretty much the same. I'm assuming you are selecting EDACS as the system
      type.

      Joe M.

      james wrote:
      > New to scanners.
      >
      > Successful setting up Motorola systems.
      >
      > Not so lucky with EDACS. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Followed
      > all the manual instructions. Is there some special info pertaining to
      > this kind of system?

    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
        Every frequency must be entered and must be associated with its corresponding LCN.

        UpMan

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
          LCN is...?

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
            Logical Channel Number.

            As far as what you need to know about it, all you really need to know is
            that it is a number that the scanner should ask you for after you enter
            the frequency.

            If you don't know it, it may be listed on Radioreference.com and would
            be shown as a small number next to the frequency.

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
              The logical channel number associated with the frequency. Usually, that is
              provided by the same source the frequencies came from.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
                In other words, talk groups, right? That's the term usually used in trunked systems.

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
                  No. TalkGroups are something different, and are programmed after you
                  have the system programming in place. If you programmed your scanner for
                  an EDACS system, as soon as you enter the frequency it should prompt you
                  for the LCN of that frequency. Again, RadioReference.com will show the
                  LCN next to each frequency.

                  Joe M.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
                    I uploaded that data from RR into my scanner.