396XT sounds muddled

  • Jack Sprat 41
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
      Lately when listening to Phx PD some channels are starting to sound bad. Most of the time it comes in OK at first, then it starts to sound like the dispatcher is under water kind of. Phoenix is using digital.I do also notice the signal strength goes down when the alpha tags switch. Maybe it's a coincidence but maybe not. Anyone else experience this type of problem? I bought a pro 96 a couple years back and it had the same problem but on all the channels. Any help greatly appreciated.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
        Check to see if your AGC is on.
        That can sometimes cause it.

        If they are using digital, you would not
        be able to hear any of the transmission.

        Joe M.

        Jack Sprat 41 wrote:
        > Lately when listening to Phx PD some channels are starting to sound bad. Most of the time it comes in OK at first, then it starts to sound like the dispatcher is under water kind of. Phoenix is using digital.I do also notice the signal strength goes down when the alpha tags switch. Maybe it's a coincidence but maybe not. Anyone else experience this type of problem? I bought a pro 96 a couple years back and it had the same problem but on all the channels. Any help greatly appreciated.

      • Paul O
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
          You might want to post this on the BCD396XT board...

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
            Ahhh... didn't catch that in the subject.

            So, check BOTH AGCs.

            Joe M.