How do I use Close Call?

  • dbrunker
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2011
      I'd like to find and listen to fast food frequencies and Close Call should be what I'd use to find those frequencies, right? So I took at look at Easier to Read BC346XT Scanner Manual (http://marksscanners.com/346XT/346xt.shtml) and I figured out how to get the scanner into Close Call Only mode (Menu, Close Call, Close Call Only) and how to turn its frequency bands on and off (keypad numbers 1 through 6). I see the bars move up and down but it never locks onto a frequency, gives an alarm, flashes the screen or anything else for that matter. If I hit Scan it starts to starts to scan again, if I hit Func Scan it goes to Quick Search. What am I doing wrong?
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 24, 2011
        You likely are not doing anything wrong. You simply are not receiving
        any signals strong enough to receive a hit or they are being blocked by
        other signals.

        For fast food transmitters, you really don't want to use Close Call. You
        may only get a hit if you are standing at the counter, and even that is
        not guaranteed since they use such low power.

        Joe M.