Programming UID's to be scanned

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2011
      I understand you can enter a UID and tag it and scan it like a TG...I have turned on the UID feature, i have entered the UID ex: i160012 in a group but on another scanner when this person (UID shows when active) is talking i get no audio on my entered UID...Am i missing something....
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2011
        You cannot scan UIDs like TGIDs. The scanner is still going to scan (i.e. follow
        channel grants for) Talk Groups. If the user is talking on the TG the scanner is
        stopped on, it will display that users UID (or the alpha tag you assigned to
        it).

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2011
          Thank You Paul, my thick brain now see's this , with your help it only took me a year to figure it out....Ron...What a NEAT feature!!