How can I disable custom searches during scan?

  • Jonathan
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2011
      I figured out how to put a few frequencies into a "system" under a "quick key". Scan includes those frequencies, but spends most of its time running through "Custom 1" through "Custom 10". I'd like to deselect those.

      A Custom search doesn't work like a "system". Its Quick Key is selected under Search with Scan (which means what?). I tried putting all Custom Searches under Quick Key 0 and then pressing 0 during the scan to disable that Quick Key. No effect whatsoever.

      Do I need to delete any Quick Search that I don't need?

      Any help would be appreciated. I have downloaded the "Easier to Read
      BC346XT Scanner Manual", which is an improvement over Uniden's. But sometimes, the device just doesn't do as he says it does.

      If I had known how incredibly complicated the user interface would be, I would have left this device on the shelf.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2011
        While it is scanning a search you want to lock out, press F+L/O, L/O to
        permanently lock out the search range.