No hits on TGID's in Scan, no alpha tags

  • mkw400_y
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 21 1:37 PM
      I tried to search this down from the historic posts but had no luck. I'm not seeing the behavior I was expecting with my 346 on trunked systems. Specifically...

      System: Mass State Police, Moto end code checked, Decimal ID format, ID Mode (see below), Tape out: off, No XT Options set.

      Sites: 14 of them set up... only control channels entered, selected from the MSP page on RadioReference.com. In Freescan, APCO mode set to AUTO, Threshold 8, Moto 800 Standard Type 2, Modulation Auto, CC ONLY checked.

      Groups: 8 set up. Number of channels varies per Group. Display filled in for all cases, TGID set all cases as decimal number (All sites and groups are pasted from RR). No L/O, No Pri, Audio type set to ALL.

      Problems

      1. ZERO results when I am in SCAN mode (unexpected). In SEARCH mode, I see both the TGID's I have programmed in as well as others I had not programmed (expected).

      2. I never ever see the alpha tags that have been entered for any of the groups. It only shows TGID's and Unit ID's. I have verified that many of the TIGD's I see in the Free Scan search log are indeed TGID's I have programmed in (note: these log entries are from hits that only took place in SEARCH mode… never any hits in SCAN).

      Any suggestions for either? Thanks in advance.

      Mike
    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 21 1:57 PM
        I believe Mass State Police is a rebanded system, so it needs to be programmed as MOT custom with the rebanded band plan.

        UPMan

        >I tried to search this down from the historic posts but had no luck. I'm not seeing the behavior I was expecting with my 346 on trunked systems. Specifically...
        >
        >System: Mass State Police, Moto end code checked, Decimal ID format, ID Mode (see below), Tape out: off, No XT Options set.
        >
        >Sites: 14 of them set up... only control channels entered, selected from the MSP page on RadioReference.com. In Freescan, APCO mode set to AUTO, Threshold 8, Moto 800 Standard Type 2, Modulation Auto, CC ONLY checked.
        >
        >Groups: 8 set up. Number of channels varies per Group. Display filled in for all cases, TGID set all cases as decimal number (All sites and groups are pasted from RR). No L/O, No Pri, Audio type set to ALL.
        >
        >Problems
        >
        >1. ZERO results when I am in SCAN mode (unexpected). In SEARCH mode, I see both the TGID's I have programmed in as well as others I had not programmed (expected).
        >
        >2. I never ever see the alpha tags that have been entered for any of the groups. It only shows TGID's and Unit ID's. I have verified that many of the TIGD's I see in the Free Scan search log are indeed TGID's I have programmed in (note: these log entries are from hits that only took place in SEARCH mode… never any hits in SCAN).
        >
        >Any suggestions for either? Thanks in advance.
        >
        >Mike

      • Uniden UPMan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 21 2:01 PM
          However, from your terminology it sounds like you are using software to program (which software?).

          If you are receiving something either the software correctly set the sites for rebanding or at least one of the sites you entered hasn't rebanded, yet.

          They symptoms sound like you've not set the TGID correctly. Maybe the TGID field has a space or other extra character that is hosing the xfer.

          UPMan

          >I believe Mass State Police is a rebanded system, so it needs to be programmed as MOT custom with the rebanded band plan.
          >
          >UPMan

        • mkw400_y
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 21 5:24 PM
            Hi and thank you for your help. I'm using FreeSCAN for my software. I did check for extra characters (great idea)... thanks. No issues there. Bad news about the rebanding... I've tried to understand that and band plans with no luck (is that the same as a fleet map?). Would this problem(s) be something that has been solved somewhere on the web... some link perhaps? I really have tried to understand the banding things though I had not associated that with this problem. Either way, thank you.

            Mike

            --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Uniden UPMan <uniden.upman@...> wrote:

            > However, from your terminology it sounds like you are using software to program (which software?).
            >
            > If you are receiving something either the software correctly set the sites for rebanding or at least one of the sites you entered hasn't rebanded, yet.
            >
            > They symptoms sound like you've not set the TGID correctly. Maybe the TGID field has a space or other extra character that is hosing the xfer.
            >
            > UPMan

          • Uniden UPMan
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 22 6:30 AM
              General info on rebanding: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Rebanding