Automatically search Control Channel

  • Arif Aulia
    Message 1 of 12 , May 3, 2011
      Dear group,

      Anyone know how to automatically search for control channel ?
      the only way i know is using custom search , then press hold and tune for the control channel one by one =_=

      Regards,
      Arif

    • Dave Landrum
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3, 2011
        Hello,

        Set a custom search range. From the custom search options menu, select CC Only. With CC Only enabled, the scanner only stops on Control Channels, and will trunk and follow TG's from the CC found.

        73

        Dave L.

        Sent from an Apple iGadget.

        On May 3, 2011, at 5:15, Arif Aulia <chimeira83@...> wrote:

        > Dear group,
        >
        > Anyone know how to automatically search for control channel ?
        > the only way i know is using custom search , then press hold and tune for the control channel one by one =_=
        >
        > Regards,
        > Arif

      • Arif Aulia
        Message 3 of 12 , May 3, 2011
          Hi Dave,

          I have tried it, but seems the custom search cannot find the CC and stop, the custom search just keep on searching so i have to put it on hold and tune it manually..

          Message 4 of 12 , May 3, 2011
            Hello,

            The CC Only Custom Search only can TrunkTrack MOT 800 MHz P16 or any P25 System in any Frequency Range or LTR. It can find, but not Trunk VHF/UHF P16 MOT Systems, or Rebanded 800 MHz P16 3600 Baud Systems. You can set a custom bandplan for these type of systems. EDACS CC's can be found, but not trunked.

            Which system type and frequency range are you trying to find CC's using the BC346XT?

            73

            Dave L.

            Sent from an Apple iGadget.

            On May 3, 2011, at 6:49, Arif Aulia <chimeira83@...> wrote:

            > Hi Dave,
            >
            > I have tried it, but seems the custom search cannot find the CC and stop, the custom search just keep on searching so i have to put it on hold and tune it manually..

          • Dave Landrum
            Message 5 of 12 , May 3, 2011
              Hello,

              Slight correction. The BC346XT cannot trunk P25 systems. It is not capable.

              73

              Dave L.

              Sent from an Apple iGadget.

              On May 3, 2011, at 11:24, Dave Landrum <h8digitalradio@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > The CC Only Custom Search only can TrunkTrack MOT 800 MHz P16 or any P25 System in any Frequency Range or LTR. It can find, but not Trunk VHF/UHF P16 MOT Systems, or Rebanded 800 MHz P16 3600 Baud Systems. You can set a custom bandplan for these type of systems. EDACS CC's can be found, but not trunked.
              >
              > Which system type and frequency range are you trying to find CC's using the BC346XT?
              >
              > 73
              >
              > Dave L.
              >
              > Sent from an Apple iGadget.
              >
              > On May 3, 2011, at 6:49, Arif Aulia <chimeira83@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Hi Dave,
              > >
              > > I have tried it, but seems the custom search cannot find the CC and stop, the custom search just keep on searching so i have to put it on hold and tune it manually..

            • Bob Havenga
              Message 6 of 12 , May 3, 2011
                it's toobad bearcat cant update the software so the scanner would do this.

                Slight correction. The BC346XT cannot trunk P25 systems. It is not capable.

                73

                Dave L.

                Sent from an Apple iGadget.

                On May 3, 2011, at 11:24, Dave Landrum <h8digitalradio@...> wrote:

                > Hello,
                >
                > The CC Only Custom Search only can TrunkTrack MOT 800 MHz P16 or any P25 System in any Frequency Range or LTR. It can find, but not Trunk VHF/UHF P16 MOT Systems, or Rebanded 800 MHz P16 3600 Baud Systems. You can set a custom bandplan for these type of systems. EDACS CC's can be found, but not trunked.
                >
                > Which system type and frequency range are you trying to find CC's using the BC346XT?
                >
                > 73
                >
                > Dave L.
                >
                > Sent from an Apple iGadget.
                >
                > On May 3, 2011, at 6:49, Arif Aulia <chimeira83@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Hi Dave,
                > >
                > > I have tried it, but seems the custom search cannot find the CC and stop, the custom search just keep on searching so i have to put it on hold and tune it manually..

              • Dave Landrum
                Message 7 of 12 , May 3, 2011
                  Hello,

                  The scanner wasn't designed for P25 Systems. It does not have P25 Hardware. However, the BC346XT is a good feature rich Analog Only scanner.

                  If you need P25, the BCD396XT is a good choice.

                  73

                  Dave L.

                  Sent from an Apple iGadget.

                  On May 3, 2011, at 12:05, Bob Havenga <flightresq@...> wrote:

                  > it's toobad bearcat cant update the software so the scanner would do this.

                • Arif Aulia
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 3, 2011
                    Hi Dave,

                    I am trying to find CC for 800-900 MHz, the system is unknown yet.
                    The problem is the custom search keep on searching..

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 3, 2011
                      That's what the BCD396XT is for. It's essentially a P25-capable 346.

                      Joe M.

                      Bob Havenga wrote:
                      > it's toobad bearcat cant update the software so the scanner would do this.

                    • Bob Havenga
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 3, 2011
                        i will consider this scanner maybe down the road, right now I don't this.

                        Bob Havenga wrote:
                        > it's toobad bearcat cant update the software so the scanner would do this.

                      • Bob Havenga
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 3, 2011
                          what type of soft ware can any suggest? I would like to monitor local fd's that use digital 800 mhz. Will the bct 346 be able to monitor these channels? They are not sc 21. It would be nice to see what is going on without hearing the actual communicatins.

                          Message 12 of 12 , May 3, 2011
                            Depends on the digital type. You would have to
                            be more specific to get an accurate answer.

                            Joe M.