Re: [BC346XT]

  • Charles Collins
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2011
      It works intermitantly, but mostly not. I think it might have to do
      with the earpiece disconnect, dirty contact or loose wire, but i
      haven't taken it apart yet. The ear piece works fine. I use it
      mostly to listen to the tac channel when i am on patrol (auxiliary
      police) and leave my walkie-talkie on the sercive channel. It woould
      be fine if the police car had an aux plug-in, but it doesn't.

      Quoting Maggie OConnor <Maggie-o@...>:

      > My 346 seemed to do the same thing one day, but then a few days
      > later it was fine.. I mostly gave up on that, and got a spare 245
      > that serves my needs just fine.. my speaker was blown on mine – from
      > taking it on boats and stuff and it was old.. but my area uses the
      > Motorola trunking – and a bunch of old style freq’s.. I like to be
      > able to just hit the number of the channel I want to listen to – and
      > they way I put the freq’s in each had a number – on the 346 I put
      > everything in, but then I’d have to do all this grouping (which I
      > did 3 groups) but then I’d have to assign numbers etc – it was just
      > too complicated for me, but I still listen to it when I’m not
      > wanting to do anything special except maybe “hold” it when
      > something’s going on on a particular channel.. anyway, though – did
      > your speakers start working again? I have no clue what the deal was,
      > but I was mad b/c mine’s pretty new.
      > Meantime, if anyone has a 245 for sale, let me know!
      >
      > Thanks - Maggie

    • Maggie OConnor
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2011
        Yeah - that's weird.. and it stinks!!