Re: [BC346XT]

  • Maggie OConnor
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 30, 2011
      My 346 seemed to do the same thing one day, but then a few days later it was fine.. I mostly gave up on that, and got a spare 245 that serves my needs just fine.. my speaker was blown on mine – from taking it on boats and stuff and it was old.. but my area uses the Motorola trunking – and a bunch of old style freq’s.. I like to be able to just hit the number of the channel I want to listen to – and they way I put the freq’s in each had a number – on the 346 I put everything in, but then I’d have to do all this grouping (which I did 3 groups) but then I’d have to assign numbers etc – it was just too complicated for me, but I still listen to it when I’m not wanting to do anything special except maybe “hold” it when something’s going on on a particular channel.. anyway, though – did your speakers start working again? I have no clue what the deal was, but I was mad b/c mine’s pretty new.
      Meantime, if anyone has a 245 for sale, let me know!

      Thanks - Maggie

      Message 2 of 12 , May 1 1:45 PM
        It works intermitantly, but mostly not. I think it might have to do
        with the earpiece disconnect, dirty contact or loose wire, but i
        haven't taken it apart yet. The ear piece works fine. I use it
        mostly to listen to the tac channel when i am on patrol (auxiliary
        police) and leave my walkie-talkie on the sercive channel. It woould
        be fine if the police car had an aux plug-in, but it doesn't.

        Quoting Maggie OConnor <Maggie-o@...>:

        > My 346 seemed to do the same thing one day, but then a few days
        > later it was fine.. I mostly gave up on that, and got a spare 245
        > that serves my needs just fine.. my speaker was blown on mine – from
        > taking it on boats and stuff and it was old.. but my area uses the
        > Motorola trunking – and a bunch of old style freq’s.. I like to be
        > able to just hit the number of the channel I want to listen to – and
        > they way I put the freq’s in each had a number – on the 346 I put
        > everything in, but then I’d have to do all this grouping (which I
        > did 3 groups) but then I’d have to assign numbers etc – it was just
        > too complicated for me, but I still listen to it when I’m not
        > wanting to do anything special except maybe “hold” it when
        > something’s going on on a particular channel.. anyway, though – did
        > your speakers start working again? I have no clue what the deal was,
        > but I was mad b/c mine’s pretty new.
        > Meantime, if anyone has a 245 for sale, let me know!
        >
        > Thanks - Maggie

      • Maggie OConnor
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1 5:35 PM
          Yeah - that's weird.. and it stinks!!