Re: [BC346XT]

  • danielluechtefeld
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 29 10:15 AM
      Happened on my 396T, too.

      --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Charles Collins <charlesc@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I have a BC346 trunktracker... about a month ago my speaker stopped
      > working. The earpiece works. Has anyone had a similar problem or
      > know of a defect?
      > Chuck

    • Maggie OConnor
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 30 6:31 PM
        My 346 seemed to do the same thing one day, but then a few days later it was fine.. I mostly gave up on that, and got a spare 245 that serves my needs just fine.. my speaker was blown on mine – from taking it on boats and stuff and it was old.. but my area uses the Motorola trunking – and a bunch of old style freq’s.. I like to be able to just hit the number of the channel I want to listen to – and they way I put the freq’s in each had a number – on the 346 I put everything in, but then I’d have to do all this grouping (which I did 3 groups) but then I’d have to assign numbers etc – it was just too complicated for me, but I still listen to it when I’m not wanting to do anything special except maybe “hold” it when something’s going on on a particular channel.. anyway, though – did your speakers start working again? I have no clue what the deal was, but I was mad b/c mine’s pretty new.
        Meantime, if anyone has a 245 for sale, let me know!

        Thanks - Maggie

        Message 3 of 12 , May 1, 2011
          It works intermitantly, but mostly not. I think it might have to do
          with the earpiece disconnect, dirty contact or loose wire, but i
          haven't taken it apart yet. The ear piece works fine. I use it
          mostly to listen to the tac channel when i am on patrol (auxiliary
          police) and leave my walkie-talkie on the sercive channel. It woould
          be fine if the police car had an aux plug-in, but it doesn't.

          Quoting Maggie OConnor <Maggie-o@...>:

          > My 346 seemed to do the same thing one day, but then a few days
          > later it was fine.. I mostly gave up on that, and got a spare 245
          > that serves my needs just fine.. my speaker was blown on mine – from
          > taking it on boats and stuff and it was old.. but my area uses the
          > Motorola trunking – and a bunch of old style freq’s.. I like to be
          > able to just hit the number of the channel I want to listen to – and
          > they way I put the freq’s in each had a number – on the 346 I put
          > everything in, but then I’d have to do all this grouping (which I
          > did 3 groups) but then I’d have to assign numbers etc – it was just
          > too complicated for me, but I still listen to it when I’m not
          > wanting to do anything special except maybe “hold” it when
          > something’s going on on a particular channel.. anyway, though – did
          > your speakers start working again? I have no clue what the deal was,
          > but I was mad b/c mine’s pretty new.
          > Meantime, if anyone has a 245 for sale, let me know!
          >
          > Thanks - Maggie

        • Maggie OConnor
          Message 4 of 12 , May 1, 2011
            Yeah - that's weird.. and it stinks!!