Re: [BC346XT]

  • Charles Collins
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 28, 2011
      Hi,
      I have a BC346 trunktracker... about a month ago my speaker stopped
      working. The earpiece works. Has anyone had a similar problem or
      know of a defect?
      Chuck
    • danielluechtefeld
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 29, 2011
        Happened on my 396T, too.

        --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Charles Collins <charlesc@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I have a BC346 trunktracker... about a month ago my speaker stopped
        > working. The earpiece works. Has anyone had a similar problem or
        > know of a defect?
        > Chuck

      • Maggie OConnor
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 30, 2011
          My 346 seemed to do the same thing one day, but then a few days later it was fine.. I mostly gave up on that, and got a spare 245 that serves my needs just fine.. my speaker was blown on mine – from taking it on boats and stuff and it was old.. but my area uses the Motorola trunking – and a bunch of old style freq’s.. I like to be able to just hit the number of the channel I want to listen to – and they way I put the freq’s in each had a number – on the 346 I put everything in, but then I’d have to do all this grouping (which I did 3 groups) but then I’d have to assign numbers etc – it was just too complicated for me, but I still listen to it when I’m not wanting to do anything special except maybe “hold” it when something’s going on on a particular channel.. anyway, though – did your speakers start working again? I have no clue what the deal was, but I was mad b/c mine’s pretty new.
          Meantime, if anyone has a 245 for sale, let me know!

          Thanks - Maggie

          Message 4 of 12 , May 1 1:45 PM
            It works intermitantly, but mostly not. I think it might have to do
            with the earpiece disconnect, dirty contact or loose wire, but i
            haven't taken it apart yet. The ear piece works fine. I use it
            mostly to listen to the tac channel when i am on patrol (auxiliary
            police) and leave my walkie-talkie on the sercive channel. It woould
            be fine if the police car had an aux plug-in, but it doesn't.

            Quoting Maggie OConnor <Maggie-o@...>:

            > My 346 seemed to do the same thing one day, but then a few days
            > later it was fine.. I mostly gave up on that, and got a spare 245
            > that serves my needs just fine.. my speaker was blown on mine – from
            > taking it on boats and stuff and it was old.. but my area uses the
            > Motorola trunking – and a bunch of old style freq’s.. I like to be
            > able to just hit the number of the channel I want to listen to – and
            > they way I put the freq’s in each had a number – on the 346 I put
            > everything in, but then I’d have to do all this grouping (which I
            > did 3 groups) but then I’d have to assign numbers etc – it was just
            > too complicated for me, but I still listen to it when I’m not
            > wanting to do anything special except maybe “hold” it when
            > something’s going on on a particular channel.. anyway, though – did
            > your speakers start working again? I have no clue what the deal was,
            > but I was mad b/c mine’s pretty new.
            > Meantime, if anyone has a 245 for sale, let me know!
            >
            > Thanks - Maggie

          • Maggie OConnor
            Message 5 of 12 , May 1 5:35 PM
              Yeah - that's weird.. and it stinks!!