Re: [BC346XT]

  • Bob Havenga
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 28, 2011
      has any one tried using software to decode digital signals as of yet?. I want to modify my scanner using the discriminator tap. Has any one done this and has it worked?

      Bob

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 28, 2011
        Hi,
        I have a BC346 trunktracker... about a month ago my speaker stopped
        working. The earpiece works. Has anyone had a similar problem or
        know of a defect?
        Chuck
      • danielluechtefeld
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 29, 2011
          Happened on my 396T, too.

          --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Charles Collins <charlesc@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > I have a BC346 trunktracker... about a month ago my speaker stopped
          > working. The earpiece works. Has anyone had a similar problem or
          > know of a defect?
          > Chuck

        • Maggie OConnor
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 30, 2011
            My 346 seemed to do the same thing one day, but then a few days later it was fine.. I mostly gave up on that, and got a spare 245 that serves my needs just fine.. my speaker was blown on mine – from taking it on boats and stuff and it was old.. but my area uses the Motorola trunking – and a bunch of old style freq’s.. I like to be able to just hit the number of the channel I want to listen to – and they way I put the freq’s in each had a number – on the 346 I put everything in, but then I’d have to do all this grouping (which I did 3 groups) but then I’d have to assign numbers etc – it was just too complicated for me, but I still listen to it when I’m not wanting to do anything special except maybe “hold” it when something’s going on on a particular channel.. anyway, though – did your speakers start working again? I have no clue what the deal was, but I was mad b/c mine’s pretty new.
            Meantime, if anyone has a 245 for sale, let me know!

            Thanks - Maggie

            Message 5 of 12 , May 1, 2011
              It works intermitantly, but mostly not. I think it might have to do
              with the earpiece disconnect, dirty contact or loose wire, but i
              haven't taken it apart yet. The ear piece works fine. I use it
              mostly to listen to the tac channel when i am on patrol (auxiliary
              police) and leave my walkie-talkie on the sercive channel. It woould
              be fine if the police car had an aux plug-in, but it doesn't.

              Quoting Maggie OConnor <Maggie-o@...>:

              > My 346 seemed to do the same thing one day, but then a few days
              > later it was fine.. I mostly gave up on that, and got a spare 245
              > that serves my needs just fine.. my speaker was blown on mine – from
              > taking it on boats and stuff and it was old.. but my area uses the
              > Motorola trunking – and a bunch of old style freq’s.. I like to be
              > able to just hit the number of the channel I want to listen to – and
              > they way I put the freq’s in each had a number – on the 346 I put
              > everything in, but then I’d have to do all this grouping (which I
              > did 3 groups) but then I’d have to assign numbers etc – it was just
              > too complicated for me, but I still listen to it when I’m not
              > wanting to do anything special except maybe “hold” it when
              > something’s going on on a particular channel.. anyway, though – did
              > your speakers start working again? I have no clue what the deal was,
              > but I was mad b/c mine’s pretty new.
              > Meantime, if anyone has a 245 for sale, let me know!
              >
              > Thanks - Maggie

            • Maggie OConnor
              Message 6 of 12 , May 1, 2011
                Yeah - that's weird.. and it stinks!!