Re: [BC346XT] Re: entering more than 2 control channels in one site

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 27, 2011
      Yep. You should have a Site in the scanner for each site in the system.

      Joe M.

      Arif Aulia wrote:
      > I see, If It will not leave that control channel until the channel
      >
      > can no longer be received. that means i should put another CC in another site ?

    • Bob Havenga
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 28, 2011
        has any one tried using software to decode digital signals as of yet?. I want to modify my scanner using the discriminator tap. Has any one done this and has it worked?

        Bob

        Paul answered the question correctly but, you can put many CC freqys in the sites but the scanner will still only stop on the strongest in your area...If you leave the area with the strongest CC and enter another area with a stronger CC that you have programmed it will change to that specific one....

        --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Paul Opitz <pmanu44@...> wrote:

        > Motorola systems typically have a primary and one or more secondary frequencies
        > that can have the control channel. However, at any one point in time, there is
        > only one active control channel for any particular site.
        >
        > Not sure if that answers your question, as the question was a bit vague.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Charles Collins
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 28, 2011
          Hi,
          I have a BC346 trunktracker... about a month ago my speaker stopped
          working. The earpiece works. Has anyone had a similar problem or
          know of a defect?
          Chuck
        • danielluechtefeld
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 29, 2011
            Happened on my 396T, too.

            --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Charles Collins <charlesc@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > I have a BC346 trunktracker... about a month ago my speaker stopped
            > working. The earpiece works. Has anyone had a similar problem or
            > know of a defect?
            > Chuck

          • Maggie OConnor
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 30, 2011
              My 346 seemed to do the same thing one day, but then a few days later it was fine.. I mostly gave up on that, and got a spare 245 that serves my needs just fine.. my speaker was blown on mine – from taking it on boats and stuff and it was old.. but my area uses the Motorola trunking – and a bunch of old style freq’s.. I like to be able to just hit the number of the channel I want to listen to – and they way I put the freq’s in each had a number – on the 346 I put everything in, but then I’d have to do all this grouping (which I did 3 groups) but then I’d have to assign numbers etc – it was just too complicated for me, but I still listen to it when I’m not wanting to do anything special except maybe “hold” it when something’s going on on a particular channel.. anyway, though – did your speakers start working again? I have no clue what the deal was, but I was mad b/c mine’s pretty new.
              Meantime, if anyone has a 245 for sale, let me know!

              Thanks - Maggie

              Message 6 of 12 , May 1 1:45 PM
                It works intermitantly, but mostly not. I think it might have to do
                with the earpiece disconnect, dirty contact or loose wire, but i
                haven't taken it apart yet. The ear piece works fine. I use it
                mostly to listen to the tac channel when i am on patrol (auxiliary
                police) and leave my walkie-talkie on the sercive channel. It woould
                be fine if the police car had an aux plug-in, but it doesn't.

                Quoting Maggie OConnor <Maggie-o@...>:

                > My 346 seemed to do the same thing one day, but then a few days
                > later it was fine.. I mostly gave up on that, and got a spare 245
                > that serves my needs just fine.. my speaker was blown on mine – from
                > taking it on boats and stuff and it was old.. but my area uses the
                > Motorola trunking – and a bunch of old style freq’s.. I like to be
                > able to just hit the number of the channel I want to listen to – and
                > they way I put the freq’s in each had a number – on the 346 I put
                > everything in, but then I’d have to do all this grouping (which I
                > did 3 groups) but then I’d have to assign numbers etc – it was just
                > too complicated for me, but I still listen to it when I’m not
                > wanting to do anything special except maybe “hold” it when
                > something’s going on on a particular channel.. anyway, though – did
                > your speakers start working again? I have no clue what the deal was,
                > but I was mad b/c mine’s pretty new.
                > Meantime, if anyone has a 245 for sale, let me know!
                >
                > Thanks - Maggie

              • Maggie OConnor
                Message 7 of 12 , May 1 5:35 PM
                  Yeah - that's weird.. and it stinks!!