Tone-out alert sound

  • None
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2011
      My scanner will occassionaly sound the alert tone on the priority channel when it is not set for the tone out feature.
      Any ideas what could be causing this?

      Thanks, Bob
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2011
        The 346 has no dedicated "tone alert sound". It has a pallete of 10
        tones that you can use for Tone Outs, Channel Alerts, and any other
        alert the scanner makes. It sounds like you have an audio alert assigned
        to one of your channels that is sounding when it becomes active. But,
        there could be other causes, too. To help narrow it down, review all the
        alert tone settings in your scanner, and change some to help determine
        what kind of alert you are hearing.

        The scanner cannot have an active FTO alert unless it's in the dedicated
        FTO mode. It cannot alert on FTO while scanning.

        Joe M.

        None wrote:
        > My scanner will occassionaly sound the alert tone on the priority channel when it is not set for the tone out feature.
        > Any ideas what could be causing this?
        >
        > Thanks, Bob

      • Bob Havenga
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2011
          All

          After reviewing my groups, I realized I had selected an alert tone for it.