Re: [BC346XT] Owners manual & software

  • Rob Chandler
    Message 1 of 9 , May 16, 2009
      Thanks Roy!!
      I'll check it out.

      Message 2 of 9 , May 16, 2009
        I've said it many times before. It's a user's guide, not a complete
        reference for scanning - just like your car's manual doesn't teach you
        how to drive.

        I think you need a newbie reference - which this guide is not.

        Joe M.

      • celticirishkeith@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 17, 2009
          hi, there is alot of homework thats needed to program these new dma based scanners. i'm still searching through the web for what i call, more basic grass roots understanding of the programing structure. here is a link that you might not be familiar with. www.grove-ent.com/scannerprogramming.htm. it's by paul opitz. with regards to software, it might be worthwhile to look at www.bctool thats the name of a program that covers nearly all uniden scanners. and i think the 346xt also. it's free to load and use, and from what i can see it's a great program. maybe you can check it out even on you tube. and there you might also get video of actual programming.

          keith

          Message 4 of 9 , May 17, 2009
            Actually, bcTool only covers the DMA scanners, and not even all of
            those. It doesn't cover any non-DMA scanners that I can think of.

            Joe M.