Programing my Scanner MOT/edcs/lt/con

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2011
      I need to know how to program them? Like what is MOT? Sheriff Depts have Motorola. Email me at rvlane1988@... Thank you
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2011
        Don't comfuse equipment manufacturer with communications system types.
        Motorola is talking about a Motorola trunk communications system, and
        not just someone who uses Motorola radios.

        What state/county/city are you in? With that info someone should be able
        to tell you what system types you need to be concerned with.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 24, 2011
          Elkhart COunty Indiana. It works for con/ but just wanted to know what whas EDCS and MOT/ Thanks robert

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 24, 2011
            Elkhart County IN.
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 24, 2011
              OK.

              EDACS is the GE version of a Motorola system (meaning that it was GE's
              trunking format). GE then became Ericsson/GE, then Ericsson, then
              Com*Net, then Tyco, then M/A-Com, and now Harris (I think I have the
              order correct).

              As I mentioned, Motorola is Motorola's trunking format (well, their main
              one and the one they sold most of).

              LTR is E.F.Johnson's format, although they did license it to other
              companies to make equipment for (such as Motorola).

              Each has specific programming requirements, but for all of them you have
              to program the correct frequencies, and on all but Motorola the correct
              LCN with the frequency (you don't really have to know what an LCN is,
              but it stands for Logical Channel Number, or the channel number in the
              trunk system). Also for all, you have to program in the talkgroups used.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 25, 2011
                Looks like your County has some VHF freqys but my guess is there on the Indiana Analog and Digital Trunk System where your gonna have to buy a Digital scanner....There on "Site13 in Elkhart Co that has a CC of 860.9625 and a alternate of 866.975.....