Re: [BC346XT] control channel out

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2011
      Would it work in place of the tap? That all depends on what you want to
      do. For some applications, it will work. For others, it will not.

      The cable that comes with the scanner is what you need for the jack on
      the side. It plugs right into the scanner and the PC, and you can use
      any modes for which the scanner supplies data (Trunking) and of course
      limited to the modes supported by the 346.

      Joe M.

      None wrote:
      > I was wondering if this would work in place of using the disc tap option? I have seen software to decode digital on your pc. Also, what type of plug is necessary for the jack on the side for this option.
      >
      > Thanks, Bob

    • Bob Havenga
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 24, 2011
        I want to monitor digital UHF 800 on the BCT 346XT since most the police and fire are on digital now. I noticed there is software to decode digital signals and there is a product that decodes digital using an IF output of 10.7 mhz. This product actually decodes so the listener can hear the audio and display it on a screen.

        Bob