Re: Owners manual & software

  • tomvanderpool
    Message 1 of 9 , May 16 6:30 PM
      FreeScan supports the 346XT now if you need software right now. As the name implies, it is free (he does ask for donations if you find it useful).

      www.scannow.org

      Tom

      --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Rob Chandler <rob@...> wrote:

      > hi
      >
      > Does anyone know when an owners manual will be available for BC346XT? I'm using
      > the manual from a BC246T for now.
      >
      > Also... any ETA on software for the 346XT??
      >
      > Thanks
      > Rob

    • Roy Schahrer
      Message 2 of 9 , May 16 6:54 PM
        Check out ProScan at http://www.proscan.org/index.htm it will program
        the 346XT as well as a buch more.

        Roy - N7QYK

        Rob Chandler wrote:
        > hi
        >
        > Does anyone know when an owners manual will be available for BC346XT? I'm using
        > the manual from a BC246T for now.
        >
        > Also... any ETA on software for the 346XT??
        >
        > Thanks
        > Rob

      • Rob Chandler
        Message 3 of 9 , May 16 7:39 PM
          I've seen the wiki, it seems to be more of a reference for people that are
          familiar with Uniden scanners.

          I was hoping for something in PDF format that was easily printed and was written
          for someone that is basically a newbie to this type of scanner.

          Thanks
          Rob

          pmanu44 wrote:

          > The owner's manual is an on-line document at:
          > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC346XT
          > <http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC346XT>
          >
          > Sorry, but I don't have an ETA on software, yet.
          >
          > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BC346XT%40yahoogroups.com>, Rob
          > Chandler <rob@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > hi
          > >
          > > Does anyone know when an owners manual will be available for BC346XT?
          > I'm using
          > > the manual from a BC246T for now.
          > >
          > > Also... any ETA on software for the 346XT??
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Rob

        • Rob Chandler
          Message 4 of 9 , May 16 7:41 PM
            Thanks Roy!!
            I'll check it out.

            Message 5 of 9 , May 16 8:08 PM
              I've said it many times before. It's a user's guide, not a complete
              reference for scanning - just like your car's manual doesn't teach you
              how to drive.

              I think you need a newbie reference - which this guide is not.

              Joe M.

            • celticirishkeith@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 9 , May 17 7:58 PM
                hi, there is alot of homework thats needed to program these new dma based scanners. i'm still searching through the web for what i call, more basic grass roots understanding of the programing structure. here is a link that you might not be familiar with. www.grove-ent.com/scannerprogramming.htm. it's by paul opitz. with regards to software, it might be worthwhile to look at www.bctool thats the name of a program that covers nearly all uniden scanners. and i think the 346xt also. it's free to load and use, and from what i can see it's a great program. maybe you can check it out even on you tube. and there you might also get video of actual programming.

                keith

                Message 7 of 9 , May 17 9:03 PM
                  Actually, bcTool only covers the DMA scanners, and not even all of
                  those. It doesn't cover any non-DMA scanners that I can think of.

                  Joe M.