Re: [BC346XT] Printed XT Manuals - Finally!

  • One Thing
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
      Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
      place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
      Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
      product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
      instructions.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
        The XT scanners do as well. It's just that they are web-based. Most
        major manufacturers are no longer providing printed manuals.

        Let's move on.

        List Moderator

        One Thing wrote:
        > Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
        > place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
        > Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
        > product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
        > instructions.
        >
        > On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:
        >

        >> FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
        >> $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
        >>

        >> In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        >> kd4shk@... <kd4shk%40arrl.net> writes:
        >>
        >> Corrected URL:
        >> _
        >> http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
        >> 11554.htm_
        >> (
        >> http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)
        >>

        >> Sam

      • Doc
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
          ALL, Go to this site http://marksscanners.com/index.shtml and you can read or print an easy read for your scanner. Just did the 346xt , it was 35 pages and maybe used a $1.00 worth of ink. Doc in Potter PA.
          Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
          place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
          Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
          product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
          instructions.

          On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:

          > FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
          > $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
          >

          > In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          > kd4shk@... <kd4shk%40arrl.net> writes:
          >
          > Corrected URL:
          > _
          > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
          > 11554.htm_
          > (
          > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)
          >

          > Sam

        • Ken Sprouse
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
            On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 9:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:

            > FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
            > $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
            >
            > <feet firmly on soap box>

            Unfortunately that is an all to common attitude. I realize that there are
            some folks out there that REALLY can't afford to spend 25~30 bucks on a book
            that the manufacturer of their product should have provided with it when it
            was sold but I for one that that when someone puts the time and effort into
            making a better "mouse trap" that they should be compensated for their
            efforts. Perhaps it should have been released under the same model that
            "shareware" software was when it came on the scene. Not my call. The
            author has decided to market it in a different manner and that model
            provides an added value to the product.

            The really amazing part is that he has decided to still make the product
            available to anyone that wants it for free. Because of that fact I will
            order the bound book version as my way of supporting his work. My point is
            I don't think someone who points out that the book is available should be
            replied to in a critical manner implying that anyone who would buy the book
            is foolish when it can be downloaded and printed for a far lesser cost or
            free if you choose to print it at home on your own equipment. You are not
            buying the paper and cover, not mainly anyway, you are buying the knowledge
            that is contained within.

            <stepping down from soap box>

            Have a nice day.

            --
            Ken Sprouse / WA3FKG John 3:16 http://www.wa3fkg.com
            You meet the nicest people at a TEA Party.

          • Maggie OConnor
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
              For all the work that Mark has done to make us able to use these scanners, I would happily pay him the $30.. That's not to say I don't wish Bearcat sent a "book" with the new scanner, but they don't..
              I know - subject closed - but Mark has helped a lot of us a LOT - and I don't want that overlooked..
              Thanks Mark - Maggie

              ALL, Go to this site http://marksscanners.com/index.shtml and you can read or print an easy read for your scanner. Just did the 346xt , it was 35 pages and maybe used a $1.00 worth of ink. Doc in Potter PA.
              Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
              place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
              Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
              product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
              instructions.

              On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:

              > FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
              > $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
              >

              > In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              > kd4shk@... <kd4shk%40arrl.net> writes:
              >
              > Corrected URL:
              > _
              > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
              > 11554.htm_
              > (
              > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)
              >

              > Sam

            • Rob Chandler
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 8, 2011
                Thank you!!!! I've just placed my order.