Re: [BC346XT] Printed XT Manuals - Finally!

  • CTAmishBoy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
      FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
      $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!

      In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      kd4shk@... writes:

      Corrected URL:
      _http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
      11554.htm_
      (http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)

      Sam

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
        Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
        place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
        Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
        product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
        instructions.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
          The XT scanners do as well. It's just that they are web-based. Most
          major manufacturers are no longer providing printed manuals.

          Let's move on.

          List Moderator

          One Thing wrote:
          > Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
          > place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
          > Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
          > product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
          > instructions.
          >
          > On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:
          >

          >> FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
          >> $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
          >>

          >> In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          >> kd4shk@... <kd4shk%40arrl.net> writes:
          >>
          >> Corrected URL:
          >> _
          >> http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
          >> 11554.htm_
          >> (
          >> http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)
          >>

          >> Sam

        • Doc
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
            ALL, Go to this site http://marksscanners.com/index.shtml and you can read or print an easy read for your scanner. Just did the 346xt , it was 35 pages and maybe used a $1.00 worth of ink. Doc in Potter PA.
            Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
            place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
            Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
            product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
            instructions.

            On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:

            > FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
            > $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
            >

            > In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            > kd4shk@... <kd4shk%40arrl.net> writes:
            >
            > Corrected URL:
            > _
            > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
            > 11554.htm_
            > (
            > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)
            >

            > Sam

          • Ken Sprouse
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
              On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 9:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:

              > FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
              > $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
              >
              > <feet firmly on soap box>

              Unfortunately that is an all to common attitude. I realize that there are
              some folks out there that REALLY can't afford to spend 25~30 bucks on a book
              that the manufacturer of their product should have provided with it when it
              was sold but I for one that that when someone puts the time and effort into
              making a better "mouse trap" that they should be compensated for their
              efforts. Perhaps it should have been released under the same model that
              "shareware" software was when it came on the scene. Not my call. The
              author has decided to market it in a different manner and that model
              provides an added value to the product.

              The really amazing part is that he has decided to still make the product
              available to anyone that wants it for free. Because of that fact I will
              order the bound book version as my way of supporting his work. My point is
              I don't think someone who points out that the book is available should be
              replied to in a critical manner implying that anyone who would buy the book
              is foolish when it can be downloaded and printed for a far lesser cost or
              free if you choose to print it at home on your own equipment. You are not
              buying the paper and cover, not mainly anyway, you are buying the knowledge
              that is contained within.

              <stepping down from soap box>

              Have a nice day.

              --
              Ken Sprouse / WA3FKG John 3:16 http://www.wa3fkg.com
              You meet the nicest people at a TEA Party.

            • Maggie OConnor
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
                For all the work that Mark has done to make us able to use these scanners, I would happily pay him the $30.. That's not to say I don't wish Bearcat sent a "book" with the new scanner, but they don't..
                I know - subject closed - but Mark has helped a lot of us a LOT - and I don't want that overlooked..
                Thanks Mark - Maggie

                ALL, Go to this site http://marksscanners.com/index.shtml and you can read or print an easy read for your scanner. Just did the 346xt , it was 35 pages and maybe used a $1.00 worth of ink. Doc in Potter PA.
                Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
                place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
                Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
                product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
                instructions.

                On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:

                > FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
                > $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
                >

                > In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                > kd4shk@... <kd4shk%40arrl.net> writes:
                >
                > Corrected URL:
                > _
                > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
                > 11554.htm_
                > (
                > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)
                >

                > Sam

              • Rob Chandler
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 8, 2011
                  Thank you!!!! I've just placed my order.