Re: [BC346XT] Printed XT Manuals - Finally!

  • Sam Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
      Corrected URL:
      http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm

      Sam

      From: marksscanners
      Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 12:56 AM
      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BC346XT] Printed XT Manuals - Finally!

      For those of you who want to learn how to use your scanner without
      having to be stuck on front of your computer, the 'Easier to Read XT
      Manual' is now available in printed form which covers all four XT
      radios.

      For the same price it will cost you to waste an ink cartridge printing
      100 pages of the online manual you can have a nicely formatted 5.5 X 8.5
      booklet.

      Click here
      <http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/\
      47-511554.htm&Click=64337> for more info.

    • CTAmishBoy@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
        FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
        $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!

        In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        kd4shk@... writes:

        Corrected URL:
        _http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
        11554.htm_
        (http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)

        Sam

        For those of you who want to learn how to use your scanner without
        having to be stuck on front of your computer, the 'Easier to Read XT
        Manual' is now available in printed form which covers all four XT
        radios.

        For the same price it will cost you to waste an ink cartridge printing
        100 pages of the online manual you can have a nicely formatted 5.5 X 8.5
        booklet.

        Click here
        <_http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/\
        47-511554.htm&Click=64337_
        (http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm&Click=64337) > for more info.

      • One Thing
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
          Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
          place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
          Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
          product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
          instructions.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
            The XT scanners do as well. It's just that they are web-based. Most
            major manufacturers are no longer providing printed manuals.

            Let's move on.

            List Moderator

            One Thing wrote:
            > Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
            > place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
            > Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
            > product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
            > instructions.
            >
            > On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:
            >

            >> FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
            >> $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
            >>

            >> In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            >> kd4shk@... <kd4shk%40arrl.net> writes:
            >>
            >> Corrected URL:
            >> _
            >> http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
            >> 11554.htm_
            >> (
            >> http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)
            >>

            >> Sam

          • Doc
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
              ALL, Go to this site http://marksscanners.com/index.shtml and you can read or print an easy read for your scanner. Just did the 346xt , it was 35 pages and maybe used a $1.00 worth of ink. Doc in Potter PA.
              Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
              place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
              Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
              product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
              instructions.

              On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:

              > FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
              > $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
              >

              > In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              > kd4shk@... <kd4shk%40arrl.net> writes:
              >
              > Corrected URL:
              > _
              > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
              > 11554.htm_
              > (
              > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)
              >

              > Sam

            • Ken Sprouse
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
                On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 9:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:

                > FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
                > $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
                >
                > <feet firmly on soap box>

                Unfortunately that is an all to common attitude. I realize that there are
                some folks out there that REALLY can't afford to spend 25~30 bucks on a book
                that the manufacturer of their product should have provided with it when it
                was sold but I for one that that when someone puts the time and effort into
                making a better "mouse trap" that they should be compensated for their
                efforts. Perhaps it should have been released under the same model that
                "shareware" software was when it came on the scene. Not my call. The
                author has decided to market it in a different manner and that model
                provides an added value to the product.

                The really amazing part is that he has decided to still make the product
                available to anyone that wants it for free. Because of that fact I will
                order the bound book version as my way of supporting his work. My point is
                I don't think someone who points out that the book is available should be
                replied to in a critical manner implying that anyone who would buy the book
                is foolish when it can be downloaded and printed for a far lesser cost or
                free if you choose to print it at home on your own equipment. You are not
                buying the paper and cover, not mainly anyway, you are buying the knowledge
                that is contained within.

                <stepping down from soap box>

                Have a nice day.

                --
                Ken Sprouse / WA3FKG John 3:16 http://www.wa3fkg.com
                You meet the nicest people at a TEA Party.

              • Maggie OConnor
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
                  For all the work that Mark has done to make us able to use these scanners, I would happily pay him the $30.. That's not to say I don't wish Bearcat sent a "book" with the new scanner, but they don't..
                  I know - subject closed - but Mark has helped a lot of us a LOT - and I don't want that overlooked..
                  Thanks Mark - Maggie

                  ALL, Go to this site http://marksscanners.com/index.shtml and you can read or print an easy read for your scanner. Just did the 346xt , it was 35 pages and maybe used a $1.00 worth of ink. Doc in Potter PA.
                  Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
                  place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
                  Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
                  product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
                  instructions.

                  On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:

                  > FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
                  > $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
                  >

                  > In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                  > kd4shk@... <kd4shk%40arrl.net> writes:
                  >
                  > Corrected URL:
                  > _
                  > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
                  > 11554.htm_
                  > (
                  > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)
                  >

                  > Sam

                • Rob Chandler
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 8, 2011
                    Thank you!!!! I've just placed my order.