Printed XT Manuals - Finally!

  • marksscanners
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 6, 2011
      For those of you who want to learn how to use your scanner without
      having to be stuck on front of your computer, the 'Easier to Read XT
      Manual' is now available in printed form which covers all four XT
      radios.

      For the same price it will cost you to waste an ink cartridge printing
      100 pages of the online manual you can have a nicely formatted 5.5 X 8.5
      booklet.

      Click here
      <http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/\
      47-511554.htm&Click=64337> for more info.

    • Sam Smith
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
        Corrected URL:
        http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm

        Sam

      • CTAmishBoy@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
          FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
          $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!

          Corrected URL:

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
            Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
            place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
            Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
            product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
            instructions.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
              The XT scanners do as well. It's just that they are web-based. Most
              major manufacturers are no longer providing printed manuals.

              Let's move on.

              List Moderator

              One Thing wrote:
              > Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
              > place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
              > Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
              > product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
              > instructions.
              >
              > On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:
              >

              >> FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
              >> $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
              >>

              >> In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              >> kd4shk@... <kd4shk%40arrl.net> writes:
              >>
              >> Corrected URL:
              >> _
              >> http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
              >> 11554.htm_
              >> (
              >> http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)
              >>

              >> Sam

            • Doc
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
                ALL, Go to this site http://marksscanners.com/index.shtml and you can read or print an easy read for your scanner. Just did the 346xt , it was 35 pages and maybe used a $1.00 worth of ink. Doc in Potter PA.
                Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
                place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
                Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
                product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
                instructions.

                On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:

                > FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
                > $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
                >

                > In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                > kd4shk@... <kd4shk%40arrl.net> writes:
                >
                > Corrected URL:
                > _
                > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
                > 11554.htm_
                > (
                > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)
                >

                > Sam

              • Ken Sprouse
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
                  On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 9:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:

                  > FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
                  > $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
                  >
                  > <feet firmly on soap box>

                  Unfortunately that is an all to common attitude. I realize that there are
                  some folks out there that REALLY can't afford to spend 25~30 bucks on a book
                  that the manufacturer of their product should have provided with it when it
                  was sold but I for one that that when someone puts the time and effort into
                  making a better "mouse trap" that they should be compensated for their
                  efforts. Perhaps it should have been released under the same model that
                  "shareware" software was when it came on the scene. Not my call. The
                  author has decided to market it in a different manner and that model
                  provides an added value to the product.

                  The really amazing part is that he has decided to still make the product
                  available to anyone that wants it for free. Because of that fact I will
                  order the bound book version as my way of supporting his work. My point is
                  I don't think someone who points out that the book is available should be
                  replied to in a critical manner implying that anyone who would buy the book
                  is foolish when it can be downloaded and printed for a far lesser cost or
                  free if you choose to print it at home on your own equipment. You are not
                  buying the paper and cover, not mainly anyway, you are buying the knowledge
                  that is contained within.

                  <stepping down from soap box>

                  Have a nice day.

                  --
                  Ken Sprouse / WA3FKG John 3:16 http://www.wa3fkg.com
                  You meet the nicest people at a TEA Party.

                • Maggie OConnor
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
                    For all the work that Mark has done to make us able to use these scanners, I would happily pay him the $30.. That's not to say I don't wish Bearcat sent a "book" with the new scanner, but they don't..
                    I know - subject closed - but Mark has helped a lot of us a LOT - and I don't want that overlooked..
                    Thanks Mark - Maggie

                    ALL, Go to this site http://marksscanners.com/index.shtml and you can read or print an easy read for your scanner. Just did the 346xt , it was 35 pages and maybe used a $1.00 worth of ink. Doc in Potter PA.
                    Sure would have been nice if they would have put it in there in the 1st
                    place. Really nice what this man has done for us. However, it should be
                    Uniden or Scanmaster to pay for this so we can learn how to use the
                    product. *Most everything* today comes with some type of easy to follow
                    instructions.

                    On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM, <CTAmishBoy@...> wrote:

                    > FYI - manual costs $30.00... I can print it at my local library for
                    > $10.00...hmmm.. gee, think I am gonna order it ??? NOPE !!!
                    >

                    > In a message dated 1/7/2011 8:11:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                    > kd4shk@... <kd4shk%40arrl.net> writes:
                    >
                    > Corrected URL:
                    > _
                    > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-5
                    > 11554.htm_
                    > (
                    > http://www.scannermaster.com/Easier_to_Read_Uniden_XT_Scanner_Manual_p/47-511554.htm)
                    >

                    > Sam

                  • Rob Chandler
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 8, 2011
                      Thank you!!!! I've just placed my order.