Re: [BC346XT] Re: New Scanner

  • Maggie OConnor
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 2, 2011
      JJ - get a 245XLT off ebay.. it's easy to set up and use.. Not sure if anything can be downloaded from a computer - as I never tried - but you just need your local freq's and this can do analog and trunked stuff - very easily.. I felt the same way. I'm sure the 346 can do lots of cool stuff - but I didn't have the time to put into it either..
      I don't know what homepatrol is - I'll have to check it out..

      - Maggie

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 2, 2011
        I may add that if you get a scanner.. You need to do your homework.. if systems in your area are in the process of upgrading (cops, fire, Public service etc.. you need to know that to ensure your new scanner won’t be obsolete in a few months.. I personally would buy a scanner from a name brand that you know will support it.. (not clearance etc..).. be sure to check if they (PS agencies) are not changing modes or frequencies in the near future otherwise you’ll need a scanner that is flashable with new software allowing your scanner to go to the new frequencies..

        The whole flashable thing IMHO means that Uniden or GRE or others is more likely to support with software updates before Radio Shack or other “after marketers” will..