Re: Owners manual & software

  • pmanu44
    Message 1 of 9 , May 16, 2009
      The owner's manual is an on-line document at:
      http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC346XT

      Sorry, but I don't have an ETA on software, yet.

      --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Rob Chandler <rob@...> wrote:

      > hi
      >
      > Does anyone know when an owners manual will be available for BC346XT? I'm using
      > the manual from a BC246T for now.
      >
      > Also... any ETA on software for the 346XT??
      >
      > Thanks
      > Rob

    • tomvanderpool
      Message 2 of 9 , May 16, 2009
        FreeScan supports the 346XT now if you need software right now. As the name implies, it is free (he does ask for donations if you find it useful).

        www.scannow.org

        Tom

        --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Rob Chandler <rob@...> wrote:

        > hi
        >
        > Does anyone know when an owners manual will be available for BC346XT? I'm using
        > the manual from a BC246T for now.
        >
        > Also... any ETA on software for the 346XT??
        >
        > Thanks
        > Rob

      • Roy Schahrer
        Message 3 of 9 , May 16, 2009
          Check out ProScan at http://www.proscan.org/index.htm it will program
          the 346XT as well as a buch more.

          Roy - N7QYK

          Rob Chandler wrote:
          > hi
          >
          > Does anyone know when an owners manual will be available for BC346XT? I'm using
          > the manual from a BC246T for now.
          >
          > Also... any ETA on software for the 346XT??
          >
          > Thanks
          > Rob

        • Rob Chandler
          Message 4 of 9 , May 16, 2009
            I've seen the wiki, it seems to be more of a reference for people that are
            familiar with Uniden scanners.

            I was hoping for something in PDF format that was easily printed and was written
            for someone that is basically a newbie to this type of scanner.

            Thanks
            Rob

            pmanu44 wrote:

            > The owner's manual is an on-line document at:
            > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC346XT
            > <http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC346XT>
            >
            > Sorry, but I don't have an ETA on software, yet.
            >
            > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BC346XT%40yahoogroups.com>, Rob
            > Chandler <rob@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > hi
            > >
            > > Does anyone know when an owners manual will be available for BC346XT?
            > I'm using
            > > the manual from a BC246T for now.
            > >
            > > Also... any ETA on software for the 346XT??
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Rob

          • Rob Chandler
            Message 5 of 9 , May 16, 2009
              Thanks Roy!!
              I'll check it out.

              Message 6 of 9 , May 16, 2009
                I've said it many times before. It's a user's guide, not a complete
                reference for scanning - just like your car's manual doesn't teach you
                how to drive.

                I think you need a newbie reference - which this guide is not.

                Joe M.

              • celticirishkeith@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 9 , May 17, 2009
                  hi, there is alot of homework thats needed to program these new dma based scanners. i'm still searching through the web for what i call, more basic grass roots understanding of the programing structure. here is a link that you might not be familiar with. www.grove-ent.com/scannerprogramming.htm. it's by paul opitz. with regards to software, it might be worthwhile to look at www.bctool thats the name of a program that covers nearly all uniden scanners. and i think the 346xt also. it's free to load and use, and from what i can see it's a great program. maybe you can check it out even on you tube. and there you might also get video of actual programming.

                  keith

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 17, 2009
                    Actually, bcTool only covers the DMA scanners, and not even all of
                    those. It doesn't cover any non-DMA scanners that I can think of.

                    Joe M.