Owners manual & software

  • Rob Chandler
    Message 1 of 9 , May 16 4:16 PM
      hi

      Does anyone know when an owners manual will be available for BC346XT? I'm using
      the manual from a BC246T for now.

      Also... any ETA on software for the 346XT??

      Thanks
      Rob
    • pmanu44
      Message 2 of 9 , May 16 4:33 PM
        The owner's manual is an on-line document at:
        http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC346XT

        Sorry, but I don't have an ETA on software, yet.

        --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Rob Chandler <rob@...> wrote:

        > hi
        >
        > Does anyone know when an owners manual will be available for BC346XT? I'm using
        > the manual from a BC246T for now.
        >
        > Also... any ETA on software for the 346XT??
        >
        > Thanks
        > Rob

      • tomvanderpool
        Message 3 of 9 , May 16 6:30 PM
          FreeScan supports the 346XT now if you need software right now. As the name implies, it is free (he does ask for donations if you find it useful).

          www.scannow.org

          Tom

          --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Rob Chandler <rob@...> wrote:

          > hi
          >
          > Does anyone know when an owners manual will be available for BC346XT? I'm using
          > the manual from a BC246T for now.
          >
          > Also... any ETA on software for the 346XT??
          >
          > Thanks
          > Rob

        • Roy Schahrer
          Message 4 of 9 , May 16 6:54 PM
            Check out ProScan at http://www.proscan.org/index.htm it will program
            the 346XT as well as a buch more.

            Roy - N7QYK

            Rob Chandler wrote:
            > hi
            >
            > Does anyone know when an owners manual will be available for BC346XT? I'm using
            > the manual from a BC246T for now.
            >
            > Also... any ETA on software for the 346XT??
            >
            > Thanks
            > Rob

          • Rob Chandler
            Message 5 of 9 , May 16 7:39 PM
              I've seen the wiki, it seems to be more of a reference for people that are
              familiar with Uniden scanners.

              I was hoping for something in PDF format that was easily printed and was written
              for someone that is basically a newbie to this type of scanner.

              Thanks
              Rob

              pmanu44 wrote:

              > The owner's manual is an on-line document at:
              > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC346XT
              > <http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC346XT>
              >
              > Sorry, but I don't have an ETA on software, yet.
              >
              > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BC346XT%40yahoogroups.com>, Rob
              > Chandler <rob@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > hi
              > >
              > > Does anyone know when an owners manual will be available for BC346XT?
              > I'm using
              > > the manual from a BC246T for now.
              > >
              > > Also... any ETA on software for the 346XT??
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > > Rob

            • Rob Chandler
              Message 6 of 9 , May 16 7:41 PM
                Thanks Roy!!
                I'll check it out.

                Message 7 of 9 , May 16 8:08 PM
                  I've said it many times before. It's a user's guide, not a complete
                  reference for scanning - just like your car's manual doesn't teach you
                  how to drive.

                  I think you need a newbie reference - which this guide is not.

                  Joe M.

                • celticirishkeith@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 17 7:58 PM
                    hi, there is alot of homework thats needed to program these new dma based scanners. i'm still searching through the web for what i call, more basic grass roots understanding of the programing structure. here is a link that you might not be familiar with. www.grove-ent.com/scannerprogramming.htm. it's by paul opitz. with regards to software, it might be worthwhile to look at www.bctool thats the name of a program that covers nearly all uniden scanners. and i think the 346xt also. it's free to load and use, and from what i can see it's a great program. maybe you can check it out even on you tube. and there you might also get video of actual programming.

                    keith

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 17 9:03 PM
                      Actually, bcTool only covers the DMA scanners, and not even all of
                      those. It doesn't cover any non-DMA scanners that I can think of.

                      Joe M.