Re: [BC346XT] Re: Analog Performance

  • Dave Landrum
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2010
      Hello,

      No problem. While most of the systems mentioned are in NJ, I forgot to mention Lower Merion Twp in Montgomery Co, which is easily monitored from DelCo.

      73

      Dave L.

      Sent from an Apple iGadget.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2010
        Philly is a P25 system. The BC346T will not decode it.

        Joe M.

        Dave Landrum wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > The 346XT will work fine for the Delco/PHL area. There are some analog Trunking Systems to monitor in the area (Salem Co, NJSP, City of Camden, Cherry Hill, SEPTA, NJ Transit, DRPA) to name a few. It's a good conventional scanner too!
        >
        > 73
        >
        > Dave L.
        >
        > Sent from an Apple iGadget.
        >

        > On Dec 15, 2010, at 19:40, "jj57d" <jj57d@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Wonder how the 346 XT performs on analog freqs. I live in the Philly/Delaware County PA area and don't think there is much non-digital trunking used other than rail. I would like to get familiar with trunk scanning though, after spending many years (some time ago) as a monitor. Tnx very much.

      • Doc
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 16, 2010
          I am in potter an just bought a 346xt to replace my 230 and it is a bit better on receive. All I have up here is analog and it works well. Doc in PA