Re: Analog Performance

  • jj57d
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2010
      Tnx very much for your input, Dave. Been away from monitoring (and amateur radio) for a few years and am getting back into both. Those other trunked systems would be of interest to me.

      73, Jack

      --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Dave Landrum <h8digitalradio@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > The 346XT will work fine for the Delco/PHL area. There are some analog Trunking Systems to monitor in the area (Salem Co, NJSP, City of Camden, Cherry Hill, SEPTA, NJ Transit, DRPA) to name a few. It's a good conventional scanner too!
      >
      > 73
      >
      > Dave L.
      >
      > Sent from an Apple iGadget.
      >

      > On Dec 15, 2010, at 19:40, "jj57d" <jj57d@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Wonder how the 346 XT performs on analog freqs. I live in the Philly/Delaware County PA area and don't think there is much non-digital trunking used other than rail. I would like to get familiar with trunk scanning though, after spending many years (some time ago) as a monitor. Tnx very much.

    • jj57d
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2010
        Tnx very much for your input, Dave. Been away from monitoring (and amateur radio) for a few years and am getting back into both. Those other trunked systems would be of interest to me.

        73, Jack

        --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Dave Landrum <h8digitalradio@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > The 346XT will work fine for the Delco/PHL area. There are some analog Trunking Systems to monitor in the area (Salem Co, NJSP, City of Camden, Cherry Hill, SEPTA, NJ Transit, DRPA) to name a few. It's a good conventional scanner too!
        >
        > 73
        >
        > Dave L.
        >
        > Sent from an Apple iGadget.
        >

        > On Dec 15, 2010, at 19:40, "jj57d" <jj57d@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Wonder how the 346 XT performs on analog freqs. I live in the Philly/Delaware County PA area and don't think there is much non-digital trunking used other than rail. I would like to get familiar with trunk scanning though, after spending many years (some time ago) as a monitor. Tnx very much.

      • Dave Landrum
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 15, 2010
          Hello,

          No problem. While most of the systems mentioned are in NJ, I forgot to mention Lower Merion Twp in Montgomery Co, which is easily monitored from DelCo.

          73

          Dave L.

          Sent from an Apple iGadget.

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 15, 2010
            Philly is a P25 system. The BC346T will not decode it.

            Joe M.

            Dave Landrum wrote:
            > Hello,
            >
            > The 346XT will work fine for the Delco/PHL area. There are some analog Trunking Systems to monitor in the area (Salem Co, NJSP, City of Camden, Cherry Hill, SEPTA, NJ Transit, DRPA) to name a few. It's a good conventional scanner too!
            >
            > 73
            >
            > Dave L.
            >
            > Sent from an Apple iGadget.
            >

            > On Dec 15, 2010, at 19:40, "jj57d" <jj57d@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Wonder how the 346 XT performs on analog freqs. I live in the Philly/Delaware County PA area and don't think there is much non-digital trunking used other than rail. I would like to get familiar with trunk scanning though, after spending many years (some time ago) as a monitor. Tnx very much.

          • Doc
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 16, 2010
              I am in potter an just bought a 346xt to replace my 230 and it is a bit better on receive. All I have up here is analog and it works well. Doc in PA