Analog Performance

  • jj57d
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2010
      Wonder how the 346 XT performs on analog freqs. I live in the Philly/Delaware County PA area and don't think there is much non-digital trunking used other than rail. I would like to get familiar with trunk scanning though, after spending many years (some time ago) as a monitor. Tnx very much.
    • Dave Landrum
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2010
        Hello,

        The 346XT will work fine for the Delco/PHL area. There are some analog Trunking Systems to monitor in the area (Salem Co, NJSP, City of Camden, Cherry Hill, SEPTA, NJ Transit, DRPA) to name a few. It's a good conventional scanner too!

        73

        Dave L.

        Sent from an Apple iGadget.

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 15, 2010
          Tnx very much for your input, Dave. Been away from monitoring (and amateur radio) for a few years and am getting back into both. Those other trunked systems would be of interest to me.

          73, Jack

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 15, 2010

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 15, 2010
              Hello,

              No problem. While most of the systems mentioned are in NJ, I forgot to mention Lower Merion Twp in Montgomery Co, which is easily monitored from DelCo.

              73

              Dave L.

              Sent from an Apple iGadget.

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 15, 2010
                Philly is a P25 system. The BC346T will not decode it.

                Joe M.

                Dave Landrum wrote:
                > Hello,
                >
                > The 346XT will work fine for the Delco/PHL area. There are some analog Trunking Systems to monitor in the area (Salem Co, NJSP, City of Camden, Cherry Hill, SEPTA, NJ Transit, DRPA) to name a few. It's a good conventional scanner too!
                >
                > 73
                >
                > Dave L.
                >
                > Sent from an Apple iGadget.
                >

                > On Dec 15, 2010, at 19:40, "jj57d" <jj57d@...> wrote:
                >
                >> Wonder how the 346 XT performs on analog freqs. I live in the Philly/Delaware County PA area and don't think there is much non-digital trunking used other than rail. I would like to get familiar with trunk scanning though, after spending many years (some time ago) as a monitor. Tnx very much.

              • Doc
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 16, 2010
                  I am in potter an just bought a 346xt to replace my 230 and it is a bit better on receive. All I have up here is analog and it works well. Doc in PA