Re: Can't stop scanning

  • walshie383
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
      thanks for the help

      so that's it? it will always be scanning in the background?

      --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Uniden UPMan <uniden.upman@...> wrote:

      > You could assign a SQK to them. Or (probably easiest), when you finish listening
      > to them, press F+L/O, L/O while on the search to lock it back out.
      >  UPMan
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
        Yes, that is it.

        No, it will not be scanning in the background once you disable its SQK or
        lockout the search.
         UPMan

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
          It could also be that Close Call is active, and overriding the
          conversation. The Ham/Air/Etc. searches should never override other
          Systems you are scanning. Or when you say "all of a sudden" do you mean
          that you started scanning the Ham/Air/Etc. Systems and came upon an
          active channel there?

          You could also have a Priority set without knowing about it.

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
            Oh, and for 'general purpose' holding on an active channel, just press
            the HOLD button. Press it again to resume scanning.

            Joe M.