Re: [BC346XT] Can't stop scanning

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
      You could assign a SQK to them. Or (probably easiest), when you finish listening
      to them, press F+L/O, L/O while on the search to lock it back out.
       UPMan

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
        thanks for the help

        so that's it? it will always be scanning in the background?

        --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Uniden UPMan <uniden.upman@...> wrote:

        > You could assign a SQK to them. Or (probably easiest), when you finish listening
        > to them, press F+L/O, L/O while on the search to lock it back out.
        >  UPMan
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Uniden UPMan
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
          Yes, that is it.

          No, it will not be scanning in the background once you disable its SQK or
          lockout the search.
           UPMan

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
            It could also be that Close Call is active, and overriding the
            conversation. The Ham/Air/Etc. searches should never override other
            Systems you are scanning. Or when you say "all of a sudden" do you mean
            that you started scanning the Ham/Air/Etc. Systems and came upon an
            active channel there?

            You could also have a Priority set without knowing about it.

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
              Oh, and for 'general purpose' holding on an active channel, just press
              the HOLD button. Press it again to resume scanning.

              Joe M.