Can't stop scanning

  • walshie383
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
      i have my systems programmed for 1, 2, 3, etc.

      i understand by pressing corresponding number, i can turn that particular system on or off for scanning, etc (number or asterisk).

      no problems there.

      periodically, i'll press F and turn the knob to Ham or Air or whatever and scan those freqs.

      however, unlike pressing numbered memories to stop scanning/mute, i can't get those systems to stop scanning: i'll be listening to a scan of EMS on 1 and all of a sudden FM broadcast will start scanning or an annoying cell/scrambled public safety freq will appear.

      how can i stop this? lock out?

      thanks in advance
    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
        You could assign a SQK to them. Or (probably easiest), when you finish listening
        to them, press F+L/O, L/O while on the search to lock it back out.
         UPMan

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
          thanks for the help

          so that's it? it will always be scanning in the background?

          --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Uniden UPMan <uniden.upman@...> wrote:

          > You could assign a SQK to them. Or (probably easiest), when you finish listening
          > to them, press F+L/O, L/O while on the search to lock it back out.
          >  UPMan
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Uniden UPMan
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
            Yes, that is it.

            No, it will not be scanning in the background once you disable its SQK or
            lockout the search.
             UPMan

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
              It could also be that Close Call is active, and overriding the
              conversation. The Ham/Air/Etc. searches should never override other
              Systems you are scanning. Or when you say "all of a sudden" do you mean
              that you started scanning the Ham/Air/Etc. Systems and came upon an
              active channel there?

              You could also have a Priority set without knowing about it.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
                Oh, and for 'general purpose' holding on an active channel, just press
                the HOLD button. Press it again to resume scanning.

                Joe M.