Re: [BC346XT] Scanner Recording

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2010
      It's not possible with just a USB cord for two reasons:

      1. The scanner is not USB.

      2. There is no audio on the USB cable.

      You can use the USB cable with an audio cable to record. I used to use a
      program called RecAll until some of the scanner programs started
      supporting recording - such as bcTool. It will even put the
      System/Group/Channel tags on the filename as well as the time, date, and
      signal strength.

      Joe M.

      Chris wrote:
      > What would be the best way to record radio traffic on my scanner to my computer? I haven't got a USB attachment for my scanner just yet because I wasn't sure if it was even possible to record using a USB cord.

    • Chris
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2010
        Thanks for your help. If you hadn't warned me about the USB I would've wasted my money and it just so happened that I had a 1/8 audio cable laying around and I was recording the audio off of my scanner just a few minutes after reading the reply. I do have bctool but I'm still unfamiliar with how to work it so that'll be the next thing on my agenda. And thanks again.