Re: [BC346XT] USB or serial data cable

  • Don Clark
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 18, 2010
      I would think you would want an USB cable.
      The main reason for a GPS input, is to turn on and off different
      systems and or channels as you drove around the state. I thought
      about it, but decided against it, as what I listen to does not need
      to change that often, I change it manually when needed.

      At Sunday, 17 October 2010, you wrote:

      >Does anyone actually use the GPS function of this unit? I'm debating
      to buy
      >either the USB or serial data cable. Unless I use my old GPS-18
      for the
      >scanner, I see no point in getting the serial version as the USB
      cable would
      >be much easier wouldn't it? Naturally eliminating the necessity
      of adding
      >yet something else (USB to serial adapter).
      >
      >Please advise.
      >
      >AE5MH
      >
      >Mark

      Don