FreeScan on Linux

  • Ken Sprouse
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2010
      Has anyone had any luck getting Free Scan to work under WINE? I am going to
      try WINE first but I see that Free Scan requires the .NET framework so I
      have Virtual Box set up on my system so as soon as I get a virtual Windows
      machine up I will give that a try if WINE doesn't work. I'm trying
      to eliminate keeping a separate system with Windows just for things like
      Free Scan.

      --
      Ken Sprouse / WA3FKG John 3:16 http://wa3fkg.blogspot.com
      You meet the nicest people at a TEA Party.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 10, 2010
        If you can't make it work, bcTool+ is soon going to work under a LINUX OS.

        Joe M.

        Ken Sprouse wrote:
        > Has anyone had any luck getting Free Scan to work under WINE? I am going to
        > try WINE first but I see that Free Scan requires the .NET framework so I
        > have Virtual Box set up on my system so as soon as I get a virtual Windows
        > machine up I will give that a try if WINE doesn't work. I'm trying
        > to eliminate keeping a separate system with Windows just for things like
        > Free Scan.

      • Ken Sprouse
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2010
          I will bear that in mind before I beat my head against the wall trying to
          make Free Scan run.