Frequency database download

  • boinc99@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2010
      Can anyone send me a link to a downloadable database via my PC cable. My subscription to ARC just expired, before I renew I'm interested in any other possibilities available.
      Of course my scanner is the analogue BC346XT and my location is Portland, Oregon- which has not yet converted to digital.
      Doesn't Yahoo groups have a database that can be downloaded like Radio Reference.com??
    • E J Skidmore
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2010
        I use Freescan with the Radio Reference data .

        1. Create the system and group you need.

        2. Locate the data in Radio Reference that you want to use to populate
        your group. Highlight that data and copy it to the clipboard.

        3. Open the group you want to populate in Freescan. Then open EZ-grab in
        that group.

        4. Click "Copy fron Clipboard" in the EZ-Grab screen. Using the dropdowns
        assure that the data you want has the proper column headings.

        5. Click "Import into Freescan"

        6. Close the EX-Grab screen. Your group is now populated.

        It is more difficult that a direct import but it works.

        Freescan is available here: http://scannow.org/index.htm

        flagban5