Re: Help!

  • kayi4cle
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25, 2010
      Did you assign a System Quick Key to that system? And, if so, is that system enabled? That's the first thing I would check!

      --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "wwwabbit2wwwabbit" <techy@...> wrote:

      > I think I am in this deep... I picked up a BC346XT the other day. We have a system called CREST (a Moto Type II SmartZone according to radioreference) http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2589 where I live here in Victoria, B.C.
      >
      > I downloaded the FreeScan software as a start to see what I could do... seems to work OK, just the user is lost.
      >
      > Does anyone have any good pointers of FAQ's or How-To's for programming all this stuff in?
      >
      > I *THOUGHT* I programmed it all in, and it is showing up in the menu's on the scanner, however I keep getting the "Scan Mode - Nothing to Scan" error on the screen :(
      >
      > Tips/tricks/pointers?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > ~Brian

    • wwwabbit2wwwabbit
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 25, 2010
        Yep, I think that was my problem to start with... now I got it scanning, and it receives the control channel, but I never seem to get any audio :(

        --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "kayi4cle" <kayi4cle@...> wrote:

        > Did you assign a System Quick Key to that system? And, if so, is that system enabled? That's the first thing I would check!
        >

        > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "wwwabbit2wwwabbit" <techy@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I think I am in this deep... I picked up a BC346XT the other day. We have a system called CREST (a Moto Type II SmartZone according to radioreference) http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2589 where I live here in Victoria, B.C.
        > >
        > > I downloaded the FreeScan software as a start to see what I could do... seems to work OK, just the user is lost.
        > >
        > > Does anyone have any good pointers of FAQ's or How-To's for programming all this stuff in?
        > >
        > > I *THOUGHT* I programmed it all in, and it is showing up in the menu's on the scanner, however I keep getting the "Scan Mode - Nothing to Scan" error on the screen :(
        > >
        > > Tips/tricks/pointers?
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > > ~Brian

      • kayi4cle
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 25, 2010
          I'm glad we solved the first issue :-) I clicked on the link you provided to the system, and (if Radio Reference is up to date) I see that some of the talkgroups are analog and some are digital. If the ones you are trying to receive are digital, the 346 won't be the radio you will need for those. Is that the problem perhaps?

          --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "wwwabbit2wwwabbit" <techy@...> wrote:

          > Yep, I think that was my problem to start with... now I got it scanning, and it receives the control channel, but I never seem to get any audio :(
          >

          > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "kayi4cle" <kayi4cle@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Did you assign a System Quick Key to that system? And, if so, is that system enabled? That's the first thing I would check!
          > >

          > > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "wwwabbit2wwwabbit" <techy@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I think I am in this deep... I picked up a BC346XT the other day. We have a system called CREST (a Moto Type II SmartZone according to radioreference) http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2589 where I live here in Victoria, B.C.
          > > >
          > > > I downloaded the FreeScan software as a start to see what I could do... seems to work OK, just the user is lost.
          > > >
          > > > Does anyone have any good pointers of FAQ's or How-To's for programming all this stuff in?
          > > >
          > > > I *THOUGHT* I programmed it all in, and it is showing up in the menu's on the scanner, however I keep getting the "Scan Mode - Nothing to Scan" error on the screen :(
          > > >
          > > > Tips/tricks/pointers?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks!
          > > > ~Brian

        • wwwabbit2wwwabbit
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 25, 2010
            Possibly getting closer.... Would having the digital ones mixed in with the analog ones mean I would get nothing? I knew it would not get the digital ones, but I didn't delete them from the import....
            I was expecting to at least hear something from it.

            --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "kayi4cle" <kayi4cle@...> wrote:

            > I'm glad we solved the first issue :-) I clicked on the link you provided to the system, and (if Radio Reference is up to date) I see that some of the talkgroups are analog and some are digital. If the ones you are trying to receive are digital, the 346 won't be the radio you will need for those. Is that the problem perhaps?
            >

            > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "wwwabbit2wwwabbit" <techy@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Yep, I think that was my problem to start with... now I got it scanning, and it receives the control channel, but I never seem to get any audio :(
            > >

            > > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "kayi4cle" <kayi4cle@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Did you assign a System Quick Key to that system? And, if so, is that system enabled? That's the first thing I would check!

          • nocreativety
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 26, 2010
              Did you set the site type to Custom and enter in a bandplan?

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 26, 2010
                Yep.