Re: it did it again, not a happy camper

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2010
      Put the "SYSTEM" in by hand, people rely too much on software and don't know the workings of the radio....(Not refering personally to the person at hand)...My scanner friend is using Freescan, constantly bringing me the scanner saying i can't hear the local trunk system because i revised my programming....Well, someone or some thing L/O todays CC thats why!!!....

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
        I completely agree that everyone should know how to program their
        scanner manually. I think a lot of questions would not be posted if that
        were the case.

        Your friend might want to make sure he reads the 'corrected' programming
        back into FreeScan so he has a backup of the current setup.

        Does your local trunk system change that much that it requires constant
        reprogramming? Rebanding aside, I've never had a trunk system within 200
        miles of me that required updated programming. As long as you have the
        control channels programmed (both primary and all the alternates), you
        should be set for many years.

        Joe M.