it did it again, not a happy camper

  • keithf
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2010
      Hi all, my 346 did the same thing that it did last month or so.
      And that is, it stops receiving anything that is stored in the trunked system(s) / site. When I press scan . On screen its the usual id search across the screen it just dosnt stop on anything anymore. im using freescan. it happend when I just uploaded a few new frequencies into my conventional system . Which is still working fine. This should not be. I shouldn't have to
      Delete and rebuild a whole system /site everytime I add a frequency.
      I've the latest software update .
      I download all the trunk info from radio reference.
      And I use freescan for the software.
      Any info on this frustration. I'd appreciate
      Before I go all Mel Gibson on this scanner.
      Thanks.
      Keith
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2010
        I would suggest a low (actually no) cost test would be to DL the bcTool+
        software on the 20th when it's released and try reading the scanner with
        that to see if there is something the FreeScan SW is not doing
        correctly. Of course, there may be bugs in bcTool+ when it's first
        released, but it is a no cost alternative.

        I'm assuming you ULed to FreeScan but did not see any issues with the
        programming.

        Perhaps you could also UL a FreeScan file to the FILES section of the
        group. Maybe that would be the best course first.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2010
          Put the "SYSTEM" in by hand, people rely too much on software and don't know the workings of the radio....(Not refering personally to the person at hand)...My scanner friend is using Freescan, constantly bringing me the scanner saying i can't hear the local trunk system because i revised my programming....Well, someone or some thing L/O todays CC thats why!!!....

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
            I completely agree that everyone should know how to program their
            scanner manually. I think a lot of questions would not be posted if that
            were the case.

            Your friend might want to make sure he reads the 'corrected' programming
            back into FreeScan so he has a backup of the current setup.

            Does your local trunk system change that much that it requires constant
            reprogramming? Rebanding aside, I've never had a trunk system within 200
            miles of me that required updated programming. As long as you have the
            control channels programmed (both primary and all the alternates), you
            should be set for many years.

            Joe M.